Translate

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Must report a rule violation for signature photos in emails

 For the purpose of openness and honesty, I must admit that I violated the rule for specific photos of me to be embedded in or attached to all emails I send or reply to. 

Three photos of me are always and in all circumstances to be included in any and all emails or replies sent out by me. The three photos are:



These photos were initially to be part of an email signature that would automatically be inserted into any composed email, but Yahoo began to no longer support photos in an email signature. This meant that the photos could only be included as attachments that needed to be manually added to each email.

I entirely neglected to do this in a recent email, and rightfully the recipient was aware of this failure and shortcoming by me, and also rightfully, they pointed this out to me. 

I admit that I was entirely wrong to have neglected a rule or requirement that always applies to me under all circumstances. I know these rules and requirements exist to be complied with and followed by me, and do not come with an option for me to neglect them. 

To be honest I am ashamed that I hadn't even realized that I neglected this rule, at least until I was caught and that my neglect was pointed out. In a way I'm grateful for having been caught and called out for it, so that this violation is not repeated. It shows me that I need to pay closer attention to what is required for me.

Just for informational purposes, I have two email accounts. One is with yahoo and my address is DaveS113065@yahoo.com

The other is with Google and my address is DaveS113065@gmail.com 

There are issues for me when sending a gmail to a yahoo address, likely due to the signature photos being embedded into the message, causing the message to be blocked from sending. But between the two email accounts, a message that includes the required photos is always so far able to be sent by me. 

I know that just because there are several other requirements that I'm obliged to follow, it's no excuse for neglecting to follow any one of them. There's never any excuse for me failing to do what's required of me. 

Sometimes the length of time between sending or replying to emails can be long for me, so it's not as ingrained in me like some other daily requirements are. I clearly need to pay more attention to following requirements that need to be followed less often. If not for the attentiveness of a recipient of a reply from me, and the fact that they were aware of the requirement and pointed out my failure to fulfill the requirement, my failure in compliance may have occurred again. 

I know I should never need to be informed of a failure to comply, or to be "caught", but in this case it's probably fortunate that I was caught quickly and that I was informed about it and expected to correct it. 

So I apologize to the recipient who had to call me out on a failure of mine, and in general to everyone else for failing to abide by a requirement. I promise to pay closer attention to this requirement in particular, and to ensure that one way or another, the three photos of me are included to every single email and reply that is sent out by me, no matter how redundant or repetitive it might be, and no matter who the recipient is.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment