Translate

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Increased public access to qr code for the Dropbox “David Steckel naked”

 

 A sticker displaying the qr code for the Dropbox “David Steckel naked’ has been placed on the vehicle that is driven by me daily, which is also the only vehicle that I own or have access to.

When it’s scanned, the code on the sticker goes to: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/2yzbofrn4k2pdju7ncot5/h?rlkey=45zgt41wvnlrmoeoc7ft0a8sq&dl=0

The code enables anyone who scans the code to access and view photos and videos of me naked that are part of the public domain and which equally belong to everyone.

I have no actual right to inhibit anyone from viewing or obtaining any of the photos and videos, and no right to block, restrict, or limit anyone from having free and full access to them or anything else that’s part of the public domain. Even the appearance that this is occurring could be considered to be a violation of others rights to access and view those photos and videos.

The presence of a sticker with the code on it avoids this, both in reality and in appearance. It does mean that others near enough to my vehicle to scan the code, and others locally will very likely see me naked due to it, but it cannot be ignored that they do and always will have the right to see the public domain photos and videos of me naked.

The size of the sticker with the code is four inches square or just over ten centimeters square, and is located on the rear-side window on the drivers side of the car (small SUV).

One of the conditions that I realize has go along with the code being there is that it has to remain there at all times. Another is that whenever I park in any parking lot, the window with the code must not be obstructed by anything, and that I am always to park as near as possible to the store or business that the lot serves. In other words I cannot park in an out of the way place just to avoid the possibility of someone scanning the code.

That last condition is more or less unnecessary though, since even if I did park a good distance away from busy places and walked from there, it wouldn’t last very long. I know that within a short time I would grow tired of the longer walks both to and from my vehicle, especially when carrying a large or heavy load or when the weather was less than ideal.

The addition of the code on my vehicle is a recent development, so I’m far from being accustomed to its presence, even if I am resigned to the fact that it’s there and has to stay there. At times while driving or parked in a public place I can scarcely believe that the code is right there to be scanned by anyone who has the means to scan it.

While shopping or inside somewhere for a period of time, I do tend to forget that the code is right outside on my vehicle. Once I approach my vehicle again and see the sticker with the code, I’m instantly reminded of it though. It’s then that I begin to wonder if anyone scanned the code in my absence, and I wonder if someone may have scanned it and are now seeing me out there while they are looking at photos or videos of me on their phone.

I end such thoughts by telling myself that nobody noticed the code being there, and even if they did, they didn’t bother to scan it. I still know that I could easily be lying to myself, but it works for now.

Since I currently live in a condominium complex, and I park in a parking lot that’s shared by all residents, neighbors and their guests could be the most likely ones to scan the code and to see me naked. It’s definitely possible that at least one neighbor has already done this, even though it’s mostly speculation on my part at this time.

Overall, none of that changes the fact that anyone who views the Dropbox has the full right to view it and eveything it contains. It also doesn’t change the fact that nothing in the Dropbox is actually mine. The photos and videos are only “of” me, but in reality they belong entirely to the public.

There’s almost no doubt at all that people are going to end up seeing me naked after they scan the code. This can happen at any moment and also over time. So I know it’s going to happen, but at the same time I know that everyone absolutely has that right, and I know all that they see of me naked does actually belong to them.

For anyone who might be curious if the code is there or how it appears, here are a couple photos of it.

The code in the photos will not scan, but it definitely does scan when scanned directly. It scanned several times just while photos of it were being taken, and also from further away than expected.

As the photos show, the code is readily available for scanning, and I realize that it’s where to has to be and where it has to stay.

Anything further will be included in updates.

4 comments:

  1. Just think of how you might feel if several others in your area printed out the code and then posted it up or left it in public places all over your area. You would have no right to do or say anything about it and you would soon be a very well known naked person in your area. It's not as if that should not be exactly what happens anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably wouldn't know anything about it if that happened, so I probably wouldn't feel any way about it. Anyway, by the time I did know about it, a lot of people probably would have seen me naked already and there would be no point in thinking about doing anything about it even if I could. I would feel humiliation for sure if I knew about it, from being exposed to so many people close by. It would probably take some time for me to get used that amount of local humiliation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever became of the webcam that could be accessed to view you naked and sleeping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most friends and relatives are aware of my exposure, and in some cases they have even seen something of it for themselves.

    ReplyDelete