Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2023

A Facebook page that's "me" but not me.

 I recently discovered an unusual page on Facebook. It's apparently me, but of course it is not me. The page has the same name as mine, and has the same profile photo as my own page although the photo has been edited a bit. As of now it has no other information, no posts, and few friends.

The page can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092194986774

Of course my real actual Facebook page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/david.steckel.75/ 

I suppose that most people would mind or be bothered by finding a page on Facebook that appeared to be them, but I don't see any reason to mind. I actually consider it to be sort of funny that someone went through the trouble of creating the page and also downloading and editing my profile photo. At the most I'm curious about why they did it, but I'm not really able to care that they did. 

I considered sending a friend request to the page, but for now I don't want to interfere with whatever the point of the page is.

I suppose the page owner could contact or message some of my actual Facebook friends, but those friends would probably notice that they weren't currently Facebook friends with the person that contacted or messaged them. 

I doubt that is happening though, since the odds are good that a few friends would relate to me that someone appearing to be me contacted them.

If highly doubt that it could be the case, but if their intention was to somehow expose me or to send photos or videos of me naked to my Facebook friends or to anyone else, that would be entirely on them and not me.

My own Facebook friends and anyone else they want to are actually supposed to either be able to see me naked, or to actually see me naked. So in a way the one who owns the page has the right to do that if that was somehow their intention.

The appearance of the page is that it was created, then abandoned. Without an exceptionally good reason, I have to desire to interfere with the page, and it's creator is more or less free to do as they please with it.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment