Translate

Saturday, December 5, 2020

An informational background webpage of David Steckel

 Many for profit websites exist that will provide information on a person's background for a fee or with a paid membership of some kind. I was notified of being on one of these type of sites by someone online. The page of me is a free public "profile" page for the purpose of enticing people to pay for a more detailed informational package.

The site lists my job as being a "Professional Exhibitionist" and as me working for a company called "Naked". The opening paragraphs add even more:

"David is an internet exhibitionist. His primary function and obligation is to be exposed to and seen nude or naked by anyone and everyone. His purpose is nothing more than to be observed naked, exposed, displayed and shown as public property. Simply enter his name in any web search and put naked after it, then choose from the search results. David Steckel can be seen naked on Wikimedia Commons here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:David_Steckel.jpg "

This is similar to one of the five reviews of me posted lower down on the page, but anyone can read these for themselves at: https://www.mylife.com/david-steckel/e793129246386

The intro and the reviews offer a quite distinct description of me. Since the page can be seen to have existed for quite some time already, there's no telling how many times it has been viewed.

An option exists on the page to "Control this profile". I attempted to click this button and received a message that this profile has already been claimed. After attempting to contact the website asking how this could be, I was informed that the person who claimed the page has proven it is theirs and that the information it contains is considered to be valid and up to date. 

Other than some listed associates and neighbors being incorrect, the information there is more accurate about me than might usually be expected to be found on such a site. My listed profession and company are pretty obviously not entirely true, but they do correspond with other information about me there.

Since the page is public and free, anyone at all can see everything there. I unwilling to pay the site for so-called additional information about me, but I if that information was accurate, it might list a civil case I was involved in years ago or being cited for indecent exposure. That last thing only serves to reinforce the accuracy of what is available on the free page about me.

I won't be pursuing the matter any further. Anyone who does any real sort of web search on me and uses the right search words will see that I really can be found naked on the internet quite a lot. That leaves little or nothing about accuracy to be questionable. It's probably not a bad thing that people who might be searching for me see this major aspect about me.


 

There's also the fact that nothing posted of me naked by anyone can be removed once posted, or even requested to be removed. I'm not shown naked on this particular site, but this surely falls into the same category. 

Maybe it's best that I can't change or alter the page in any way. On some days I might think something needs a slight correction and end up making it less accurate in the process. Also, if someone else has claimed the page and wants that information about me to be there, then it's not my place to change it or question it. 

On the more humorous side, I can only wonder what others who share my name might think when they see this page or my actual exposure naked on other websites. It's doubtful any of them have left one of the comments or "reviews" there, but since they're all anonymous they'll always remain unknown.



 

 

5 comments:

  1. This seems quite invasive and potentially embarrassing - perfect for you! How did you come across it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really all that invasive, since I am naked a lot online for anyone to see. Maybe there might be some embarrassing moments, but that's all part of being online naked. It's kind of up to me whether I let anything embarrass me or not, so that pretty much makes it my own problem.
      All things considered though, it's not a bad thing since overall it is pretty accurate.

      Delete
  2. Someone else found the page and told me about it. I'm not sure I'd have ever found it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well David, I see you're trying to act casual about it, but this site does list your full address, which I have not seen before. It also lists the fact that there are court records and lawsuits against you. I'm sure most people would find that embarrassing. Were any of those arrests for indecent exposure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only lawsuit I'm aware of is a dispute over an old dental bill that was resolved decades ago. But yes, the arrest was for indecent exposure. I was seen asleep naked in bed through a bedroom window by someone passing by. It occurred years ago at a prior residence.
      Neither of those things bother me much, if at all anymore.
      My address has been public before the website offered it. Once was in a text photo release page, and another was in an exposure release form that contains a copy of my photo ID. Both are online in a few places including the Dropbox with everything else of me.

      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58jgt1168jivmln/AAC8M7tRGgFEib7EytGZDw8oa/1-photo%20release.png?dl=0

      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58jgt1168jivmln/AACXlqQ7wvPhqGDKMI22ypQUa/1%20Exposure%20Agreement%20-%20David%20Steckel.png?dl=0

      I lost the ability to keep my address private quite a while ago, and I've just resigned myself to the fact that it's another part of my overall exposure online.
      The Mylife page is currently beyond anything I can control or change. By contacting the website, I learned that the page has been claimed by someone other than me, which would require me to follow some process of proving my identity before any information there could be changed or removed.
      I'm not sure I'm able to do anything that wouldn't violate the rule of never removing or attempting to remove any posting that exposes me in any way. It seems better just to accept what the page offers about me.
      I'm not sure how the site obtained my address, but it could have been obtained from several sources, including a website called Florida Residents Directory where the state lists information about every known resident of the state.
      I've just accepted the fact that my name, address, face, and my naked body are all exposed, revealed, and basically public domain.

      Delete